Night time estuary Prawning
Shine a light - Learn from a local expert as you discover an exciting and unique fishing method to collect premium local seafood. Join ACWA's experienced guides who will share the secrets and pleasures of this unforgettable coastal experience with you. At the same time take a rare opportunity to see hosts of nocturnal marine creatures.
ACWA's prawning tours operate from early October until the end of May on the dates listed below. All prawning is performed at night, tour start times depend upon tidal conditions. Allow 3 hours for the total duration of the tour. No experience is required. Prawning sites are located close to Eden, Pambula, Merimbula, Tathra and Bermagui. Transportation to and from sites is available (maximum 4 persons, optional) otherwise meeting on site is required (directions will be provided).
Note: Prawning is a seasonal, tide and moon phase dependant activity. Hence, tours can only operate on select dates when conditions are right.
Available between the 19th of December until the 7th of January this prawning dark.
ACWA’s guided prawning experience includes
· specialised prawning equipment- Waders. submersible lights, & scoop nets
· expert local guidance on this unique low impact fishing technique
· recreational fishing license fee
· a feed of the freshest prawns collected during the night’s experience
· Transportation to and from one of our pristine prawning estuaries (maximum 4 persons, optional)
Prices- $70 under 18's & pensioners $60